Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Are You a Strategic Partner or a Bureaucrat?
1) Do you know what your businesses key performance indicators are, and more importantly, how to influence them?
2) To what degree have you developed your business and financial acumen skills?
3) Can you articulate what your organization's point of sustainable competitive advantage is?
4) Are you able to demonstrate how your efforts are directly or indirectly linked to driving increased profitability, market share or decrease operating costs?
5) Do you know, study or have competitive intelligence that outlines how and in what way your competitors out-perform your business?
6) Are your opinions or insights sought out by business leaders within your organization?
If you are able to positively answer the majority of these six indicators, then you are most likely a strategic partner who is able to demonstrate how you add value to your organization. Conversely, if you struggle with most of these questions, then you may be a bureaucrat and you need to question the value your organization derives from your efforts!