- Exaggerated or misrepresented skills, experience and/or qualifications.
- Salary expectations in their career objective statement.
- Pointing out the fact they were terminated from a job.
- Fabricated business relationships.
- Listing political, religious or other affiliations.
- Including any personal information (e.g., age, marital status, etc.).
- Having spelling and/or grammatical errors.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
What Not To Say On Your Resume
The following are examples of what some highly qualified applicants have included on their resumes and/or cover letters that most likely led to their de-selection from prospective employers: